Monday 19 January 2015

Tsitsikama and Storms River

I had a nice stay at Pletenbergbaai at the beach during the day and parked at the Wittedrift .NG  Church courtesy of DS Du Preez for two nights. I left on Saturday morning. I stopped at Keurbooms  beach for breakfast and met Lee the owner of the only snack shack at this beach. It's  a beautiful village overlooking the ocean.
After breakfast I drove to Nature's Valley and spent the rest of the day watching the other tourists swimming in the river and reading. Later on I went for a walk on the beach. Late afternoon I left this Paradise to search for a night camp. I stopped at Nature's Valley campground to enquire about their prices for camping.  They changed R260.00 per day for two persons way to much for me. Further on not far from the campground is the Rangers camp and offences,I stopped there and asked the Ranger if I could park their for the nite. Although he was friendly the man said no. He explained to me that it was against the law to camp in a National Forests and that I could get a fine if I decided to do so. I accepted his explanation and did not say anything about the peopeI I met in the Knysna Forest, they live their permanently, off the grit and only go to town to get necessitys.
I found a campground at the Storms River Koi-Sun Village thats not bad. They charged R140.00 per ningt for two person's. I said that I'm traveling alone and paid only R70.00 for the night with electricity. I had to wash my clouths and enjoined a nice shower before leaving late Sunday evening to search for a nice free camp for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment