Saturday 19 January 2013

Living in the bus.

While I planed the layout of the bus I tried to imagine sitting at the table working on the laptop and the children walking around.I tried to work out how much space we needed in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet or washing my face in the basin. My thoughts where that if I could do all of this comfortably, the rest of the team would be very comfortable in doing that.It sounds stupid now but that is what I did sitting in the bus for hours, ones I brought the bus home.
Now that we live in the bus full time I am very happy with the layout as it is now.As I am writing this post Anita is preparing our dinner in the kitchen the children are watch TV in the lounge and I am writing at the dining table, while it is raining hard outside.
I have been working on planing the solar system we need to install in the bus. So far it seams that we will need 400w solar panels a 40A solar charge controller and 4 Trojan 105t deep cycle batteries to hold the charge from the solar panels.To convert the 12v power from the battery bank to 220v electricity we need 300w inverter.
The appliances we want to work from the solar system is the freezer with a danfoss compressor using only 2.5A per hour full time then ther is the washing machine at 330w twice a week and the TV at 100w every day for a couple of hours, all the lights in the bus are led lights that draw all most no current at all.To charge the laptops,camera and cell phones we have a 150w inverter to do the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment